When I think of lemons, I think of sunshine. I adore them and consider them to be the most undervalued superfood in history! We all know that lemons are a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals, but why don’t we all start our day with its refreshingly zingy tang?
As a Personal Trainer I cannot express enough that the humble lemon is the most under-rated fruit. It tastes amazing, is as versatile as you can get. The lemon is a gem and ought to revieve more praise, here’s why…
1. Lemons are packed full of anti-aging antioxidants and teaming with vitamin C. It can give the immune system a massive boost to fight off an array of seasonal illnesses.
2. Adding lemon to luke warm water first thing in the morning helps your body to detox. It also aids in the elimination of excess water, ultimately helping you to lose weight.
3. It helps to maintain healthy eyesight and prevent eye problems.
4. The potassium in lemon nourishes the brain and nerve cells.
5. If you regularly work out, by adding the humble lemon to your post workout drink you are replacing many salts lost through exercise.
6. It is a tonic for the skin and assists the body in maintaining its ph levels.
7. It is excellent for the colon and constipation by keeping you regular.
8. It has antibacterial and antiviral properties.
9. Keeps your breath fresh.
I could go on and on but I do think I might have swayed at least some of you friends, to use the lemon and give it the credit it deserves.