If you read my post on the power of lemons then you are going to love this twist on one of the worlds favourite snacks, hummus.
Hummus is a middle eastern dip made predominantly from chickpeas, a bean which keeps you fuller for longer which will inevitably reduce those hunger pangs.
The other power ingredient in this recipe is garlic. Another powerful superfood packed full of antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties.
This recipe is so quick, easy and tastes satisfyingly good. It’s the perfect snack to keep you lean any time of year.
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 (dependent on taste) cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2tbsp tahini
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Flat leaf parsley to garnish
- Put the chickpeas in a food processor with two tablespoons of cold water, juice of 1 lemon and garlic, and whizz to a thick puree. Add the 2 tbsp of tahini and blend.
- Gradually add the olive oil.
- Season to taste with the salt, cayenne pepper, and add more lemon juice if you wish.
- Place into a bowl and drizzle with extra olive oil.
- Serve with veggie sticks such as carrots and celery.