There simply nothing more delicious than a cold glass of vanilla almond milk, and what’s even better is when you make it yourself! Why pay big bucks when you can make letres of the divine ambrosia for pennies? Friends, join me in this wonderfully simple recipe guarenteed to get your taste buds buzzing.
What will I need?
A handful of almonds (soaked overnight in a jug of water)
2 letres of cold water
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
2 pitted dates
Pinch of sea salt
- Soak the almonds in water overnight or at least 8 hours prior to making the milk. Discard the water the almonds soaked in and then wash and drain the almonds.
- Place almonds in the blender, adding the water, dates, vanilla extract and pinch of salt.
- Blitz the ingreduents for up to a minute until the mixture is milky and creamy.
- Strain the contents of the blender in the cheese cloth into the large bowl and squeeze out all if the milk to leave a dry pulp.
- Pour your easy peasy vanilla almond milk into your milk jug and chill before serving.
The left over pulp can be used in other recipes too.